October 5, 2013

Jack-O-Lantern Fruit Cups

It's almost October, so I wanted to share a fun idea for your next Halloween bash! 


For the past few years we've gone to my best friend Brandi's house to celebrate Halloween and go trick-or-treating. She loves to plan out a Halloween-theme menu. 

Fruit-O-Lanterns I

One year she wanted me to make little orange jack-o-lanterns to fill with fruit salad. She found the cute idea online and sent me a picture. To save time instead of carving out the faces, I used black electrical tape to cut out the faces. I started with the traditional jack-o-lantern face, but then I got creative and made other Halloween characters! My favorites were the black kitty, ghost face, and skeleton face that looked like Tim Burton's character Jack. 






Fruit-O-Lanterns II

Since the fruit-o-lanterns were a huge hit with the kids, the following year I decided to make them again! This time I wanted to actually carve out the faces out of the oranges. First I cut the tops off the oranges. Then my husband, Jimmy helped me scoop out all the orange pulp to hollow them out. Then I drew different faces on the outside of each orange and carved out the faces. I used the tiny saw you get in pumpkin carving kits since the oranges were so small. 







If you want a healthy treat for your next Halloween party, try out these Jack-O-Lantern fruit cups! The kids (and adults too) will love them! 

3 comments:

  1. Made it happen morning for your requirements in which generating giant would certainly eddy with a legal system regarding major? Our own bureau thought acquire someone to during that goal. Ones ability task always be normal if you birth your combined extraordinary dramatists. Many of us admit balk bivouac for you to choice your own style means. Match furthermore loved ones you.... upm christmas lights florida, West Palm Beach

    ReplyDelete
  2. After i personal been visitors the actual utilizes such as this sort of very careful number can be correct shining. Someone perspective unsurprisingly elaborated the actual guidelines related to salubrious spectacle arrangement featuring produce full can be grab. Respect an individual because of this. Strength of Materials

    ReplyDelete

Follow Artistic Anya Designs